Father’s Day Is Right Around the Corner
Top 10 Items Dad Wants
Whatever you do, you don’t want to forget about DAD. He was the one that took you fishing. He showed you how to throw the ball and he always gave in to what you wanted. Think back to the first time Dad took you fishing and said, "Don't worry son (or daughter). You will catch that big one." In addition, as soon as he said that, his drag screams and he hands you the rod and says, "See, I told you you would get that big one!" You fight that fish for a long time as sweat pores down your face. The smile on your face is priceless to Dad. I put this list of top 10 items together, not in any particular order, to help everyone get the right gift for the Angler Dad on Father’s Day. I added some links to point you in the right direction.
1. The first thing I would recommend getting Dad is some nice fishing clothing with some SPF in it, like pants, shorts, shirts, head and face gear like Buff, sunglasses, and even gloves. There are so many companies out there where you can get some cool stuff like Haber Vision, Buff and Columbia, but check out your local fishing store for those items first. They usually carry the best items for your dad that he will love. Here are a few links for sunglasses: www.habervision.com and Buff Angler Series www.buff.es/en/catalog_headwear.
3. And for a good rod, I would have to say its the Lamiglas Indian River Series. It is the most sensitive rod out there. The rods capitalize on their fast action, high modulus blank construction by eliminating the fore grip, and utilizing a Texalium rear grip and exposed-blank reel seat to transmit every bump and vibration from the business end of the line. Check them out at www.lamiglas.com.
4. Dad always needs new fishing line on his reels and there are so many lines to choose from, but the only one I would recommend is Tuff Stuff Unlimited. Tuff Stuff line comes in many different forms like Crystal Line™ 100% PVDF Fluorocarbon, Tuff Stuff Elite Angler Premium, Tuff Stuff Classic Angler, and Hercu-Line Braided Fishing Line. Here is a link to help you find the right line for him: www.tuffstuffunlimited.com.
5. Now your dad might want to learn how to fly fish and he might want a new fly combo. TFO makes a really good combo in two weights. A TF MINI 6/8 KIT 6-8 Wt. 8'-0" 3 Prism C LA 7/8* TF RRC 8/3, $299.95 and a TF MINI 8/10 KIT 8-10 Wt. 8'-0" 3 Prism C LA 9/11* TF RRC 8/3, $299.95. Both are outstanding combos that Dad will love. Here is a link telling more about the rods and reels: www.templeforkflyrods.com.
6. Since we are on the fly-fishing part, he might want to learn to tie his own flies. So a vise might be what he is looking for. And again if you go to your local tackle store, like Harry Goode’s Out Door Shop where they do a fly tying class every month, he could learn how to tie his own flies. They have a wide array of vises to choose from and Richard can point you in the right direction.
7. Now that he has the right gear, he will need the right lures and tackle and the best lures are going to be Sebile lures. Whether he likes soft or hard baits, floating or suspended, they make the bait that works in all waters fresh or salt like the Evidence or the Possessed Series. Check them out at www.sebileusa.com.
8. If Dad likes handmade items like lures, tackle boxes and other cool items, you need to check out Hall Em In Lures. Hall Em In Lures gift certificates for Dad is a fantastic idea this holiday. Get Dad the best custom lures in performance and design available on the market today! Hall Em In Lures are handcrafted from carefully selected blocks of fine wood. A father and son with an overwhelming love for the sport create them from scratch. Because wooden lures have been in use since the turn of the 20th century, they have a nostalgic sense of quality. Check them out at www.halleminlures.com.
9. Another cool item would be some BioEdge to top off all the new lures. BioEdge fish attracting scents contain oils, amino acids, enzymes and pheromones all found in the bait from which they are extracted. Now there are 23 superior scents and many more are in development. This product smells and tastes like actual bait because it is! You can check them out at www.bioedgefishing.com.
10. Now all he needs is to put all his new tackle in something and Plano Molding company takes care of that. If he likes to wade fish, Plano has a new vest called the 4430 Fishing Vest. Perfect for paddle sport enthusiasts and fly fishermen, this back pack style bag boasts fold down workstations, foam insert for securing flies and hooks, as well as ample storage for gear. They also have some nice fly boxes and some other fishing tackle. Check out Plano Tackle Products at www.planomolding.com.
Now there are the top ten items that Dad would love to get for Father’s Day. I hope this will help you get the right gift for him. Now I do have 2 more thing that I think he will love more than anything. One is a father-and-son or a father-and-daughter fishing trip with a good fishing guide like Capt. Glyn Austin with Going Coastal Charters. You can check him out at www.goingcoastalcharters.com/. The other thing to get Dad is a new Kayak. The only one that will give him the best of both is a Freedom Hawk kayak, because you could add a trolling motor to it so he doesn’t have to paddle all the time. Freedom Series (Freedom 14 & Freedom 12) are the first angling kayaks designed from the waterline up to allow the user to stand, safely and comfortably, thanks to their patented Integrated Outrigger design. Simply pull the two levers conveniently located on either side of the hull to open the rear Outriggers, and enjoy stability like you never thought possible. Check them out at freedomhawkkayaks.com/.
I hope this was very helpful to you and Dad. All of us from TightLinesKayaking wish the best for you and your dad. Remember Tight Lines and be safe on the water.